Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday is Mama Day






Tuesdays are a special day in our house. Our three foster children get to spend a couple hours with their mom. While they are visiting Ava, Dominic and I have some special time together. I treasure this each week. Once in a while we come home to play, but mostly we try and do something fun. Ava likes trying out new playgrounds and once in a while we share a strawberry smoothie! Today we headed over to a park to feed the ducks. It was so much fun watching the kids. I was slightly nervous the whole time because Dominic has no fear and loves water. I kept envisioning me having to rescue him out of the duck pond, but thankfully we all stayed on land. He really got into throwing bread for the ducks. While we were there, Ava decided that it would be a good idea to build a pond at our house so we could have ducks. Somehow I don't think our tiny backyard or city rules would allow it, but I promised we could keep visiting these ducks. The part I enjoyed most today was just watching my kids smile and enjoy something so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment