Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to Blogging

Hello blog readers! It has been a long time since I have sat down to blog. I decided to take the summer off from writing. But, I have done my fair share of blog reading and am excited about many new ideas I would like to try this year!

This summer was really a great one. I become very spoiled as stay at home mom in the summer. Since Kyle is a teacher we are all home during the summer. This summer, more than ever, I feel we took full advantage of it with family trips to the zoo, children's museum, different events around the city and of course trips to see both our families!

This summer we decided to hold off on any new foster placements. We felt it important to re-energize, but also felt that Ava and Dominic needed a little extra Mommy and Daddy time.  We have not had any more contact with our little friends and do miss them a lot. There isn't a day that I don't think of them. I pray they are happy and safe. Ava talks about them often and questions why we can't see them. It is difficult to tell her I don't know how to contact them. She really loved them. It was beautiful to see how she instantly included them in her family.

Though we initially thought we would wait until after Labor Day to accept any more placements, we got a call from our agency three weeks ago with a referral and felt the time was right. We have since welcomed a beautiful 9 month old baby girl (who I will call Lily) into our home and couldn't be happier. Ava and Dominic have once again opened their hearts to a new little friend. This time they have taken on the roles of big sister and brother. Ava loves to call her "little sister".  It will be exciting to watch her  grow. We all feel very blessed to have her part of our family.

This fall also marks the start of our first attempt at homeschooling. Ava will begin preschool. Our "classroom" is set up, and I have been creating and planning lessons and activities. For this year, I have decided to write my own curriculum. Or maybe I should say it's a Pinterest curriculum! I am really excited about it and can't wait to take this journey with Ava! The challenge for me will be keeping the little ones entertained during our "school time"

Its going to be an exciting year with new experiences for us all! It's time to start the year and get back to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment