Sunday, September 9, 2012

A is for Apple

We are on our way on our preschool journey. The goal for the year is to "study" one letter and two numbers a week. This will set the basic idea for the week.  This past week we had lots of fun with the letter A and the numbers 1 and 2! We talked about apples, alligators, and angels, made apples with play dough, painted apples, sorted through objects to determine which started with the A sound, practiced writing the letter A, played number games, sang songs, and used the felt board. We also took a trip to the market to buy apples and made apple pie! Every morning Ava was itching to start! It was really fun seeing her excited about school and made me very excited to keep planning! Only once when I made her follow through with an activity that she didn't feel like finishing did she declare that she was "never going to learn about the letter A again!" She willing participated in more A related activities, so I guess she wasn't too serious! 

Dominic and Lily did really well during our school time. Dominic participated in circle and art time and Lily happily played nearby! I wanted to post more pictures, but my battery charger for my camera is MIA and the battery is dead! So, hopefully I will be able to better capture the weeks to come. 


Ava and Dominic had fun making play dough apples for the apple tree (template found on Pinterest, but I forget which of the 100's of Blogs I have been searching had it!) 

Our little circle time area under the stairs. It's a work in progress. This week I needed to test how much I could actually have up there without Dominic and Lily testing out how it comes back down! So far so good!  

1 comment: