Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Best 9 Cents Ever Spent


Yard Sale season is one of my favorite times of year. As it is now, if it wasn't for yard sales, thrift stores, and hand-me-downs we would have limited furniture, a tiny selection of toys, and only a few outfits. Some may say we are cheap, but I like to think frugal and good recyclers! Yesterday was a rainy Saturday, and I had an itch to go to a yard sale. Since the weather prevented that, I took one of my five children with me for a date to the thrift store. As we were browsing the toy section, we found a  toy blow dryer that sounds real when turned on. Mia thought it was pretty cool. It had a whopping price of 9 cents. It entertained her the whole time we were at the store. When we got home it was the hot item. Everyone wanted to use it. It entertained one of my daughters for an hour. She sat on the stairs with a doll, brush, and the blow dryer. The doll's hair looks like something out of the 80's now---poofy and teased. This morning it was the first toy to be used. When I got home from the grocery store this afternoon,  Ava and Dominic were sitting together fixing their doll's hair. I love when I find fun things for the kids to do at a low cost. The blow dryer has been worth every penny. When they get sick of it next week, it won't matter because it was 9 cents!

2 comments:

  1. 9 cents?!??! what was the tax on such a cheap item?!?! haha- I love cheap finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to take you to this thrift store. You would love it!

    ReplyDelete