Friday, April 26, 2013

...and then came X, Y, and Z

We have officially made it through the alphabet! It's been a year of lots of pinterest searching, trial and error, late nights of planning and prepping, and a lot of fun learning time with my kiddos. I won't lie not everyday was a smooth home school preschool day.  My kids are 3, 2, and 1. And, they all have their 3, 2, and 1 year old moments. Oh and I have my mommy moments too! But, I would do it all over again and will next year! It has been rewarding to have the opportunity to experience all those "ah ha" moments and to be able to learn right along with my kids. 

 We are looking forward to a more laid back summer! 

Our letter X activities were deleted from the camera because I thought I had put them on the computer...I guess I didn't..oops! 

Here is Y and Z!


Y day was yellow day! After finding all our yellow clothes, the kids went on a yellow hunt. Here they are laying out all the yellow things they found. 

We made yarn bowls. This activity idea came from the blog   Find Joy in the Journey. This activity was easy and only requires a bowl, plastic wrap, yarn, glue, and your willingness to get sticky!

Once the bowl was dry, Ava was excited to fill it. She has since gifted it to Daddy  for his paperclips at school!  Dominic wasn't willing to send his off so we have a paperclip bowl for home too!

While Ava and I worked on a number puzzle, Dominic practiced cutting yellow paper. 

Look Mommy I did it!  Our long puzzle goes up to 25!
Since the weather has been so nice, we did handwriting practice in the driveway! 

We finished our Y theme with a Y mini book.

Z



Practicing writing the letter Z

Ava and Dominic made a zebra craft. The template came from  DLKs Craft for Kids . We talked about the patterns that can be found on a zebras skin. 
And, of course we needed to take a trip to the zoo! Here Ava and her friend are enjoying the Manatees. 

The kids were excited to touch real furs.

While at the zoo, we of course needed to seek out the real zebras! 


Thanks to all those who have followed our journey of home school this year! 
If you are a follower and haven't joined the site please do! And if you are a blogger too, let me know! I am always looking for activities and inspiration! So much of our preschool curriculum has been inspired by the wonderful blogs I have found!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited for you and the kids, and for the upcoming school year...!

    I really like the Yellow Day idea. Hannah's learning her colors and this will be a fun and helpful idea - one that I'm sure her sisters will want to be part of :)

    Hugs!
    Lisha

    ReplyDelete